Registration as runners for one of the UTMB® races
We collect data when you register for one of the UTMB® races as part of your participation in an international sports event that requires certain information about the participants for the smooth-running of the event and everybody’s safety.
These data are collected via the registration platform set up by Livetrail SARL, on behalf of the company Autour du Mont-Blanc, organizer of the UTMB® and responsible for data processing. The registration data are accessible to the managers and employees of Autour du Mont-Blanc, who are authorized to manage the organization of the UTMB® event. These people benefit from a confidentiality clause in their contract.
The runner's data is kept in the database for 10 years. This period is renewable at each registration and corresponds to the legal data retention period of the medical and non-contraindication to the practice of athletics or running in competition certificate, or the sports card. During this period, Autour du Mont-Blanc must be able to contact the runner for any question relating to his certificate or sports card.
Beyond these 10 years, and unless the runner authorizes the organization to keep his/her data, all data are deleted except the runner's surname, first name, date of birth, gender and nationality to maintain the rankings.
This data collection is justified by:
- The need to identify each participant individually and with certainty (via a surname, first name, date of birth, gender and nationality), in order to ensure his/her safety, to control the qualifying races that he/she has finished and to establish reliable sports rankings.
- The need to be able to contact the participant to provide him/her with any information related to his/her participation in the event, before, during and after the race. As part of the organization of the event, Autour du Mont-Blanc may contact a runner by telephone, email or mail.
- The need to identify an emergency contact to ensure the runner's safety or to obtain any information that may be useful when providing medical care during the competition.
These data are processed in the following ways and for the following reasons:
- To allow each competitor to access his/her runner's space and benefit from all the services related to registration for the event.
- Management of registrations for a sports competition (validation of information necessary for participation, payment, management of mandatory documents).
- Check of the participation in qualifying races
- Sending emails and answering to runners' requests via the Buzzee CRM.
- Sending newsletters. This information is necessary for the smooth running of the event and the safety of the participants. They are therefore mandatory for all runners.
- Sending marketing newsletters, on behalf of our partners, to participants. This information is optional and each runner can (when registering or by logging in to his runner space) accept or refuse these emails.
- Creating a list of runners that can be consulted on the utmbmontblanc.com website, printed and displayed at the race bibs distribution. This list includes names, first names, bib numbers and clubs of the participants.
- Designing and printing the race bibs necessary to identify runners during their race.
- Chronometric race monitoring during the event on utmb.livetrail.net and utmbmontblanc.com, by the audience or race and medical headquarters.
- Performing activities during the event with our partners
- Creation and publication of rankings and transmission of results to the International Trail Running Association (ITRA), the French Athletics Federation (FFA) and the Ultra-Trail® World Tour (UTWT).
Some processing of personal data is carried out with external organizations which have their own area of expertise and are necessary to accomplish certain important tasks for the organization of the event:
- The company Estimprim which is in charge of printing the race bibs. The following personal data are transmitted: surname, first name, date of birth, nationality
- The association Athletes For Transparency: the association has set up a “health space” in which runners can declare certain treatments or pathologies. Autour du Mont-Blanc deals with this company to determine if its participants have a “health space” and if it provides medical information that could influence any care during a rescue. At no time does Autour du Mont-Blanc have access to the medical information itself, which is only available to race doctors during the event. The following data are transmitted: surname, first name, date of birth, gender, nationality, email address. These data are processed and transmitted only to determine whether or not participants have a “health space”. They are not processed in any other way.
- The International Trail Running Association (ITRA) for the publication of rankings and the awarding of ITRA points required for registration in one of the UTMB® races for the following years. The following data are transmitted: surname, first name, date of birth, gender, nationality.
- Commercial partners for the implementation of activities during the event. The following data are transmitted: family name, first name, race bib number and email address.
- Livetrail for race management and ranking
Data are only transmitted to these companies within the mission they carry out for Autour du Mont-Blanc, organizer of the UTMB®. Under no circumstances does Autour du Mont-Blanc authorize these organizations to use these data for any other purpose.
Any misuse of these data by these third-party organizations cannot be the responsibility of Autour du Mont-Blanc.
Data access - Information - Complaints
Any runner or accompanying person may have access to the personal data concerning him/her on his/her space accessible from the following link: : https://utmbmontblanc.com/fr/page/172/membre.html
Any request for data access, modification or cancelation can be made: :
- By mail to the following address :
Autour du Mont-Blanc
36 avenue du Savoy
- By e-mailing the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Any request for access, personal data modification or cancellation will be processed as soon as possible and within a maximum period of 1 month from the moment the request has been received.
You have the right to file a complaint with the CNIL (https://www.cnil.fr).
We use the following cookies:
- Technical cookies, which are necessary for the use of utmbmontblanc.com and utmb.livetrail.net websites. Cookies allow you to use the above-mentioned sites in the best possible conditions and to benefit from all features (for example, to log in to your runner space to access your registration file).
- Analytical cookies: these cookies allow us to know how our websites are used and how often they are visited. Their use is completely anonymous.
utmbmontblanc.com and utmb.livetrail.net websites do not store any other cookies, in particular for targeted advertising or other cookies from third-parties.