Run and help those who need it
Since the beginning of its time, the UTMB® has always wanted to associate the energy of the event with a spirit of solidarity. Our mountain culture places an importance on human relations and mutual aid. We are impregnated with the famous spirit of 'roped partners' and animated by this willingness to help each other to gain personal victories : to get over a difficult moment, to fight against an illness or to help children grow up and flourish.
So the UTMB® has developed several ways of collecting donations for partner charitable associations. The organisation supports 5 associations directly through a system of contributions made during registration for each of its 5 events. Besides, 140 SOLIDARITY RACE-BIBS are granted to runners who wish to support one of our partner associations by donating 2000€, paid directly or through sponsors in order to raise the sum. Finally, each runner can, if they wish to do so, take advantage of their participation to support an association of their choice by being sponsored so as to show their support for the organisation.
The UTMB® has create strong links with the associations they support, following the implementation of the actions and favouring human exchange between the runners, the organisers and the associations.
290 000 €
collected by the associations
Donations at registration
25 000 €
For the runner there is the possibility of registering for a race, without relying on the draw, by making a donation of 2000€ directly to one of the charitable associations supported by the organisation (in respect of the current regulations). The runner may be supported by the donor/donors of his choice, private or commercial, to raise the funds.
In 2019, we guarantee one place (with a limit of a maximum of 140 places) to any runner who, directly or through a donor of his choice, donates 2000 € to one of the following associations.
within the framework of solidarity race-bibs
Click on the logo of the association to learn about their project
To contact the associations supported by solidarity race-bibs, click here
The process in order to benefit from a solidarity, health or environment race-bib
Two registration periods:
From November 6th to November 27th 2018
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib ", and choses the association they wish to support and the race in which they would like to run.
- The donor then has until December 1st to pay 2000 €, in one single payment, to the chosen association to confirm the reservation of the race-bib.
- The association informs the UTMB® once the payment has been made.
- The UTMB® then contacts the runner to give them the special registration procedure.
In the case where the donation is not made within the time limit, the race-bib will be put back in to play.
As from January 10th 2019 (only if solidarity race-bibs are still avaible)
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib", choses the association they wish to support as well as the race they wish to run in.
- The donor then has a delay of 5 days in which to confirm the reservation of their race-bib by paying a minimum deposit of 500€ to the chosen association.
- They then have until May 31st to finalise the payment of 2000€
- In the case where the runner fails to meet the date for payment of the deposit or the final sum, the race-bib goes back in to play. The money already paid to the association is not remboursable.
Important : A registration via a solidarity/health/environment race-bib is subject to the same regulations as a normal registration (qualifying points, registration fees, etc.) except that the runner doesn’t have to pass via the draw.
The donor may on no account recuperate all or a part of their donation. As from the moment when the runner registers, they are under the same race regulations as the others including the cancellation of their registration, they will be reimbursed a varying sum according to the date of the cancellation (see race regulations).
There are a total of 140 solidarity race-bibs and no association can benefit from more than 30 race-bibs.